IBM TS4500 против Quantum Scalar i6000 конкурентное сравнение
We know you have options. We’ve made investment in the design of our Scalar i6000 tape library to offer unique capabilities helping you to:
- Efficiently install into a rack-based datacenter
- Quantum: Modular design fits standard datacenter rack footprint, including service access
- IBM: Larger footprint, and requires service access on all 4 sides
- Minimize delays and downtime
- Quantum: Efficient robot design provides fast performance and high reliability
- IBM: Complicated, spring loaded tape stacking design requires more moves to pick a tape reducing performance and reliability
- Reduce vaulting costs
- Quantum: Active Vault enables automated, in-library vaulting for lower cost, more secure long-term storage
- IBM: No in-library vault option
- Ensure a healthy media pool
- Quantum: Automated media health checks and reporting for all media
- IBM: No media health check
- Minimize power & cooling costs
- Quantum: 80 PLUS® certified power supplies
- IBM: Standard power supplies
The following table compares key features of the two products to help determine which tape library best meets your needs.
|Large footprint, requires service access on all 4 sides
|Fits standard data center rack layout
|Modular design fits standard 19-inch rack layout, including expansion modules and service access, minimizing datacenter footprint and simplifying installation and expansion.
|Efficient robot design ensures fast performance with high reliability. TS4500 is a complicated design, with 220 spring laded mechanism per module, requiring more moves for each tape move, resulting in slower performance, long inventory times, and lower reliability
|No media health check
No in-library vault
|Automated media health checks with EDLM ensure content is available from tape when needed. Active Vault enables in-library vaulting, saving money while securely vaulting tapes internal to the library. Vaulted tapes can be monitored with EDLM to ensure data integrity.
|Standard power supplies
|80 PLUS certified power supplies
|80 PLUS certification ensures lowest cost, power, and cooling for minimizing OPEX.